Thursday, February 1, 2018

DIY Mirror Therapy Box

Final mirror box
Mirror therapy is great. Even if the survivor cannot move the "bad-side" limb at all, using a mirror will fool the brain into thinking the "bad" limb into think it is moving. And because the brain is fooled, the brain changes.

Click here for a quick start guide to mirror therapy.

How do you do mirror therapy? Click here to find out!

How do you make a mirror box cheaply and easily? Here are instructions...


What you need to buy
(click here)


What you need to make
(click here)


2 comments:

Tamara said...

My physical therapist said it's best to use this if you have no movement at all. So I used this to get some movement in my affected wrist and it worked quickly. He let me move my wrist up and down, which was impossible in the morning and after doing it in front of the mirror a few times in the afternoon I could move it better without a mirror. I'm now doing arm and hand exercises twice a day and making progress (even after 9 years).

Unknown said...

Thank you. My 25 year old daughter had a stroke and during a conversation about how the muscles are fine but the brain is damaged, made me think about an episode of House where he made a mirror box. A few Google searches later and here I am.

Blog Archive