I'm a science communicator. I use everything I can— books, magazine articles and columns, blogs and seminars— to explain brain plasticity as it relates to stroke.
Here are some quick hits:
- Author, Stronger After Stroke (2nd edition here)
- Co-Author, dozens of journal articles (ResearchGate list of pubs here)
- Instructor, seminars throughout the US covering stroke recovery and neuroplasticity.
- Research associate and co-director at the Neuromotor Recovery and Rehabilitation Laboratory, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine located at the Drake Rehabilitation Center, Cincinnati, OH.
- Research associate in the Human Performance & Motion Analysis Laboratory at Kessler Rehabilitation Research and Education Corporation, the research arm of the Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation.
I live in Wyoming, Ohio, with my wife, Aila Mella (a PT) and our two children. I can be reached via e-mail at StrongerAfterStroke (at) yahoo.com. ~
Other bios here: