This is a re-post of an earlier blog entry. Still pertinent!
Have a look at this cartoon. In poor taste, yes. But it manages to raise awareness and it does it in a way that is comically accurate.
Here is your quiz: Watch the vid and then do this: Just below the cartoon, highlight the invisible text by left clicking and dragging to the bottom of the post. Therein lies my observation of what the cartoon gets right. If you'd like me to add anything I've missed, put it in the comments or email me.
Highlight text below↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
1. Drop foot
2. Inability to clear ground during swing phase of gait
3. Flaccid left upper
4. Lack of sensation left upper
5. Caregiver concern regarding driving
6. Difficulty with spacial issues while driving
7. Left hemiparesis, no aphasia!
More of the episode here...
In the comments section Jim Sparks points to a part in the episode where a treatment that is not proven to work, works!