Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Saebo in the news...

I'm a fan of one of this blog's advertisers, Saebo. The two guys who started the company are brothers, both occupational therapists. (Find another set of brothers that are both occupational therapists and I'll send you a free copy of my book.) I like the culture that Saebo brings to stroke recovery. Everything they make has a commonsensical perspective engineered in. 

Saebo makes the SaeboStretch. Unlike static splints which hold the hand in a static position, the SaeboStretch allows the fingers to flex when they need to (often to protect the joints of the fingers). The 'Stretch then slowly pushes the fingers back to the desired position. 
Link here.

And, as it turns out, Gabrielle Giffords sports one!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a commercial and improved version of a dynamic splint I was introduced to in school 30 years ago. I guess we need to get off our butts and get some these good ideas out into the market.

Peter G Levine said...

Good ideas help. And survivors often come up with good ideas. If you have one... put it to market!

Blog Archive