Monday, April 2, 2012

Know a good doc or therapist?

I get this all the time:

"How does one go about looking for a neurologist or physiatrist or therapist who is familiar with the practices outlined in your book?"

You'll notice a link on the right column. Or you can click here. Either way, if you live in the USA,  you'll find resources to help find aggressive healthcare providers for your recovery team.

Then  next questions is "Where do I find an OT or PT or speech therapist who knows?" You find a resource for that too.

~

4 comments:

Elizabeth, John, Jack, and Luke said...

I thought I received great care at Barrows Neurological Institute, phoenix AZ. ST:Anna, PT:Jen. Finding good people once I got home was more difficult, but I did find a great ST: Irit Brian @Henry Mayo Hospital, Valencia, CA. Wish I could have found a great neuro, but I tried 8...all terrible. :(

Amy said...

Peter I'm a PT. I had a big huge stroke last year. Education + personal experience = knowing a lot. Feel free to give out my name and e-mail.

Amy said...

Peter I'm a PT. I had a big huge stroke last year. Education + personal experience = knowing a lot. Feel free to give out my name and e-mail.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blog Archive