Friday, January 28, 2011

"Best New Medical Weblog"!


I am very happy to report that one of my favorite websites ever
Medgadget has nominated the Stroke Recovery Blog as a "Best New Medical Weblog"!

Also, this is the perfect time to tell you about Medgadget. It really is a cool site. It is a one-stop portal to emergent technology in medicine. For stroke survivors it is a good place to go every once in a while. There is a drop-down menu on the right side of the website which has an entry for "rehab".

Alternatively, you can put something like "stroke rehabilitation" into the search box. If you do that
one such entry involves our team at the Drake Center rehabilitation hospital here in Cincinnati.

6 comments:

Linda said...

Congratulations Pete. It is a well deserved award.

Linda in Winnipeg

Kia-Lillian said...

Nice blog, congratulations!

Have you heard of the Tailwind, an at-home rehabilitation device for stroke survivors? University of Maryland researchers have proven that the device permanently improves arm movement in stroke patients. You can find more information @ www.encorepath.com and/or contact me at kialillian@gmail.com

I'm looking forward to seeing your future posts :-)

Peter G Levine said...

"Have you heard of the Tailwind, an at-home rehabilitation device for stroke survivors?" My reaction was, "You must be kidding!" Assuming you're not kidding, have a good look at the blog. You missed something.

Also, some advice. "University of Maryland researchers have proven that the device permanently improves arm movement in stroke patients. " Not true. The word "proven" is never used in research. for instance, there is at least one meta-analysis showing questionable results. And the focus has not been "researchers" but Jill Whitall in particular.

I'm a fan of batrac and have been talking about it for years. But, if you've read my bio, I'm in research so I tend to be a stickler for the facts about stuff that affects stroke survivors.

Kia-Lillian said...

What an enlightening response, and WOW, I sure did miss something. I am just beginning to get acquainted with the stroke rehabilitation community..

Special thanks for checking my language and informing me about Jill Whitall. What does her meta-analysis mean in terms of the value of batrac?

Peter G Levine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
barry said...

http://www.strokesupportgroup.org
great blog
join us at the above link

Blog Archive